Life

My life has been happening, really happening in the last week! Not only did I complete the last of my undergraduate schoolwork, but I also won something very special! I coach a middle school girls basketball team (at my middle school alma mater). This was only my second year, but after the first couple of practices, I knew that the girls that came back from last years team were going to be great players this year. During our preseason tournament, we played each team in our conference (3 other teams) and beat all three of them. I just knew this was going to be 'our' season and that we could go undefeated.

Long story short....we only won three regular season games; we ended up tying for second place. A coin was flipped and our school just happened to win te coin toss, giving us second place. Our conference tournament started Monday with semifinal games and final games followed on Tuesday. The team we played in the semi's was a team that in the regular season had beat us once and we had beat them once. I gave the girls a pep talk and they played the best they ever have and beat the other team by 20 points (final: 47-27). Next day...we are playing the number one team in the conference, which had an undefeated season. I pulled the fie returning players aside and had a talk with them, crying of course (I'm a softie! especially with those 5 girls), and let them know how special they were and that they were the best and should end on top. So, we get on top early in the first quarter and those girls never looked back. We beat the undefeated team by 14 (28-14).

I am THRILLED and even speechless with how the girls played this week. We are indeed having a pizza party on Friday for all of their hard work this season. So, my MIA this week has been due to my attention given to my basketball team. Don't mind the quality of this picture, but here is the plaque that my girls so graciously accepted after their win Tuesday evening! I'm beaming with joy for their success this season!

We have our pictures on Friday...and the school will put a team picture in the top area! Congrats to my basketball players for their success this season! I am truly going to miss those stunning 5 girls.

0 comments:



Post a Comment